Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Summer

These next few months are going down in history. I can feel it. Here's what's happening:

- I will work my butt off and conclude my post at YDD. Hopefully the lab will be fully operational before I leave!

- Transition as a VIA staff member for the UCEAP summer program on community development (June 18-July 19).  It's going to be fast paced, educational, and simply awesome.

- Travel to Kuala Lumpur for a short visa run...hope to run into two of my college classmates, the beautiful Malaysian twins :)

- Spend Lebaran with my friend Novia and her family in Bukittinggi, west Sumatra. The Minang people have a rather unique matrilineal Islamic culture, and I'm excited to witness their celebrations.  Word on the street is that they cook rendang for days!  Yuuuum.

- After Lebaran, back in Jogja again. Soon thereafter, Ian, one of my closest friends from college, will fly in and we will spend three weeks traveling together in Jogja, Bali and Lombok. I'm stoked for Lombok, especially, because I'll run into some of my sanitation NGO buddies!

- Back in Jogja my Singaporean friend Lim gets in and we will travel also, around Jogja and maybe to Dieng.

- Finally, Mitch will arrive and we will cycle all over town, travel to Bandung together, return to Jogja, then pack up and head home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment